Updated: Sep 15
For National Cream filled Donut Day, our game is fully edible on top of a delicious cream filled donut. We’ve covered it with white frosting, then added candy for game pieces and black licorice as the background and floors.
Games are DELICIOUS on National Cream Filled Donut Day with DoodleMatic! Any donut can be turned into a great game in seconds!
What is your favorite donut flavor? (Personally, I’m having an old-school Boston Cream kind of day.)
Cream Filled Doughnuts Recipe for Game Base
· Total: One hour
· Prep: half hour
· Cook: half hour
· Rising Time:75 mins
1-1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup of warm water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 packages active dried yeast
2 large eggs, beaten
6-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flower
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Filling: (you can use jam, compote, or marshmallow peanut butter mixture instead)
4 cups cold whole milk (see mix instructions)
2 packages instant pudding (3.4 ounces each)
For Topping to Make Games:
White frosting (Royal preferred)
Colored edible marker
Colored candies- red, blue, green, purple
1. Scald 1-1/2 cups milk in a pan; stir in the salt, sugar, and butter. Remove from heat and cool to warm.
2. Measure the warm water into a bowl; scatter the yeast over the water and then stir the mixture until the yeast has dissolved. Stir in eggs to milk mixture, and half of the flour; beat until smooth. Mix in well remaining flour to make a soft dough.
3. Place dough on floured surface and knead for about 9 minutes, until smooth and supple.
4. Place in a buttered bowl.
5. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, until about doubled in size.
6. Divide dough in half after placing the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
7. Roll out half the dough into a 1/2 inch thick circle.
8. Cut with a doughnut cutter
9. Place the doughnuts on a baking pan. Repeat step 7.
10. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place, until about doubled in size, for 30 minutes.
11. Fry the doughnuts in deep hot oil, 365ºF, until golden brown on both sides. Turning the donut is necessary.
12. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
13. Cool the doughnuts before filling.
14. While the doughnuts are cooling, make the pudding following the instructions on the mix. Refrigerate the pudding until very cool.
15. Place the pudding into a pastry tube and pipe it into the cooled doughnuts.
16. Sprinkle sugar over the filled doughnuts if desired.
17. Add Royal icing to top of donut and refrigerate
18. Add candy to top of cooled donut with icing to act as game pieces
19. Keep the donuts refrigerated until served
20. PLAY YOUR GAME and then EAT IT!